What's on
Weekly newsletter

Information directory
Contact details
Parish team
Parish history
Directions to Our Lady's

Opening times

Places of worship

Parish boundaries

Use of parish hall
Request certificate of sacramental record

Request a copy of a sacramental record

From time to time, many people find it necessary to request a copy of a certificate of Baptism, or a record of their Confirmation or Marriage in church. Most commonly, this will be in connection with a marriage, or a school application.

The Data Protection Act restricts access to our Sacramental registers and the information they contain. Full details of the restrictions is given here.

Consequently all requests for certificates must be made:

  • made in writing and signed by the applicant
  • made by one of those named in the register - for instance, the person who was baptised, or, in the case of someone still under the age of 16, their parent or guardian.

Consequently we are unable to accept requests for certificates by phone or email.

The application form for a certificate can be downloaded here and posted to the address provided.

Letter of Freedom and permission to marry outside of this parish

In most cases those preparing for marriage no longer need to obtain Letters of Freedom, because they will instead complete a Statutory Declaration of Freedom, which should then be witnessed by a solicitor.

However if you need a letter of freedom please download the request form here and post it to the address provided.

Please use this same form to obtain a Letter of Permission to Marry outside of your parish of residence. (NB You will only need to do this if you live in the parish of St Johns Wood, are marrying outside the parish, and your marriage papers are prepared outside of the parish also.)

The parish is part of the Diocese of Westminster
Church of Our Lady, 54 Lodge Road, London. NW8 8LA Tel. 020 7286 3214